Tuesday 11 March 2014

Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner Review!

After hearing rave reviews about this eyeliner, I, finally, hopped on the band wagon and bought it. Now, it wouldn't surprise me if you haven't heard of the brand Dolly Wink as it's a Japanese make-up brand produced by Tsubasa Masuwaka, a famous Japanese magazine model. However, because of my unhealthy obsession with anything Japanese, I know quite a lot about make-up brands in Japan and the Dolly Wink black liquid eyeliner seems to be one of the most popular.

Now, onto the actual eyeliner:


(the packaging is just too cute!)

I love the packaging for this product. The updated packaging for Dolly Wink is more.... girly? I'm not sure if that's the right word but there are more flowers than before (I preferred the bows, personally).


As you can see, the nib is extremely thin, perfect for fine-lining!


For a test, I marked my hand with the eyeliner. It's really easy to use and, although the eyeliner is quite watery, it's pretty opaque and dries very quickly. The picture above shows the eyeliner after it's just been applied....


.... and, after rubbing it really hard with my hand, hardly any difference! It's passed the smear test!


I also wanted to test how it would cope with water. I must have held my hand under the tap for a good 20 seconds and nothing happened. Only after, when I scrubbed my hand with a towel, it started to smudge, but I still think that's pretty good!

So you can see what it looks like on:


I am writing this at ten minutes to midnight, I applied this eyeliner at about 11 this morning and it still looks like the picture; neat and smudge free!

I love this eyeliner and think everyone should have it! I bought mine on eBay for about £10 or £11 which is the cheapest I could find it.


Thank you for reading,
Want me to do anymore reviews? Comment if you do!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment