Sunday 2 March 2014

Update and Room Decor!

 
Hello everyone!*ignore the absence of make-up*
I know I say this every time but I'm sorry for the lack of posts. I'm not going to make any excuses apart from say I've been super busy and haven't had a chance to get on the laptop (Honest! One laptop for a whole household is chaos..).
 
In one of my previous posts, I mentioned that I got a new job (wrote an essay about it more like!). It's going really well and I am getting along great with the other workers. I actually only got a Christmas temp job at first but they kept me on and put me on a permanent contract!
 
Also, it's been a while since me and my mum moved into this new house and I haven't really had the chance to really do anything with my room. It was disgusting at first... like horrible. Green patterned wallpaper on the walls, matching stained green carpet, matching green flowery curtains... like a nightmare. I am, gradually, sorting it though; I have painted the walls, bought a couple of nice furniture pieces and am planning on buying a nice, clean ivory carpet next time I get paid.
The first furniture piece I bought was from the Toulouse collection at Dunelm:
 
*nice socks..*
I love the vintage, French boutique style and already knew I wanted my room this style so this furniture piece is perfect! It's just full of clothes, nothing that interesting really.
The second piece I only bought yesterday:
 
 
 Of course it had to match! I love this piece, it's really starting to bring the room together! I use this chest of drawers to hold all my beauty essentials/ toiletries although I did have to do a bit of spring cleaning and chuck a load away... I'm a beauty product hoarder I swear -__-...
The top drawer contains most of my make-up and I am going to show you an easy way to organise your make-up drawer (Or any draw for that matter!)
 
 
Boxes! If you have any boxes lying around, take the top and bottom, shove them in the drawer and start filling them with all your beauty delights! I do need a couple more boxes for foundations and lipglosses but I'm sure you can pick things like this up at any pound shop!
Also, in the bottom right corner I have stored my mascaras and eyeliners in an old cotton bud holder. I knew I would benefit from collecting boxes and containers one day.
On the top of the drawers I store my jewellery, lipsticks, make-up brushes and cotton buds:
 

 The jewellery stands and patterned holders are from Dunelm, the lipstick stand is from eBay.
I really like how my room is coming along, I just realllllly need to get rid of the green carpet *eurrghh*
 
And finally, to see this post out:
 
 
A selfie :)
 
Hope you enjoyed reading this post and I do actually have more future posts planned so (when I can get hold of the laptop again...) I'll post them!
 
See you soon!
 
x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment