Saturday 26 July 2014

Summer Skincare Routine!

 
Summer is officially here and, today, I thought I would share with you my skincare routine to combat shiny skin and keep skin, clear, healthy and glowing.
 
 
When washing my face I use the Visibly Clear 2 in 1 wash/clay mask. This really helps to keep my face feeling refreshed as it has an almost minty scent and feels cool on the skin. It can be used as a face wash or can be left on for 5 minutes as a mask, which I thought was pretty clever. Clay masks are really good for oily skin as they help to draw out the excess oil, dirt and any impurities in your pores!
 
 
For my summer cleanser I have started using the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. I have heard many good things about this cleanser so I thought I'd give it a try and so far I am loving it. It's so incredibly gentle on the skin and yet somehow manages to remove my makeup without any problems. I genuinely don't understand how this product works so well because it has no scent at all and just seems like water.. but its works amazingly.
 
 
To keep my face extra clean and spot free I use the Clearasil Ultra Rapid Action Pads. Now, I have a love hate relationship with these pads. They work really well and the pads are textured so they exfoliate as you wipe them over your face. However, they are drenched in alcohol. Obviously, the alcohol has other chemicals in that help combat spots but it's so overwhelming that when I wipe them near my mouth or nose I actually struggle to breath. Other than that though they are really good and seem to be working well in addition to the cleansing water.
 
 
For my summer moisturiser, I have been using the Boots Shine Control Moisturiser with Tea Tree & Witch Hazel. I love this for many reasons. The first is that it's soo cheap! I think it was about £1.50 or something. Secondly, it's a gel rather than a cream moisturiser which is good for oily skin and is perfect for a hot summers day. And thirdly, a little bit goes a long way. As it's a gel it melts into a liquid as you apply it which means it lasts much longer than cream. Also, it has tea tree which is clinically proven to help reduce spots.
 
 
After moisturiser, I apply the Body Shop All in One Primer which leaves my face extremely matte ready for makeup. I don't know how well this works by itself but using this in addition to all the other products I have listed help my skin to look flawless, glowy and shine-free.
 
 
For summer lip care, I use the Carmex pot in Original as I get dehydrated really easily in summer and this is the best lip balm I have ever used! I usually apply this before I start my makeup then, once my makeup is done, it has usually absorbed slightly into my lips leaving the perfect base for a bright summer lip colour.
 
Thank you for reading and I hope I helped if you are looking for some products to add to your summer skincare routine.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment